People will often ask me, “What is the one piece of advice you would give a recently engaged couple as they start planning their wedding?” My answer? Hire a wedding planner! Now, before you decide you can do it all, hear me out. While you may think there may be some bias on my end because I am a wedding planner, allow me to ask you a few questions:
Do you want to enjoy your engagement period? I hear a very resounding, “Yes!” However, how does spending night after night researching the best venues, florists, photographers, suit rentals, and so on just to find out they are not within your budget? Who has time to do that after a long day of work? How does the idea of spending weekend after weekend driving around to look yet again at venues that match your style and theme?
- Hiring a professional wedding planner can do several things for you. A professional wedding planner can:
- Have someone who can advocate on your behalf
- Design your special day in a way that truly reflects who you are as a couple
- See the overall vision you have for your day without missing the details
- Do the research for you and present you with the best options for your overall design goals
- Make the planning process more enjoyable and stress-free
- Help you enjoy your wedding since you have a professional in charge of everything!
Choosing linens over a glass of Rosé with your trusted wedding planner sounds a whole lot more fun than a weekend marathon of calling rental companies that have the right ceremony chairs, right? If you want to be present and savor every moment of your wedding day…hire a wedding planner is the best piece of advice I can give.